Specific learning outcomes of the Multidisciplinary Studies degree program include:
- Critical Thinking, Logic, and Analysis
- Mathematics and Quantitative Reasoning
- Written and Oral Communication
- Information Literacy and Computer Sciences
- Understanding of the scope and relevance of the arts and humanities throughout historyand within contemporary society
- Integration of Scientific Thought and Analysis
- Understanding of intercultural and intra-cultural concepts within the social sciences
- Fundamental understanding of the historical development of concepts of justice
- Understanding and basic knowledge of major theories, concepts and processes of justice
- A critical understanding of formalized constructs and procedures designed to impart justice
- Understanding of a variety of perspectives regarding alternate concepts of justice and social change
- Understanding the roles of cultural, social and historical forces in shaping concepts of justice
Careers and Further Study
Students will acquire a vocabulary in concepts and methods of critical thinking and will gain the skills necessary to navigate and manage complex systems, obtain fulfilling employment, and compete in the working world. Students will develop persuasive oral communication and writing skills and be prepared to utilize them in their employment and graduate study. With these transferrable skills and broad-based knowledge, our graduates will be equipped to take on new and unforeseen challenges in this fast-paced and quickly changing world.
Our graduates go on to a wide variety of careers, often working in schools, community organizations and services, government agencies, and businesses. Many go on to graduate study in fields ranging from education, to law, to business management.
Students may continue to graduate study in law, forensics, criminology, political science, social justice, religious and peace studies. This program can lead to careers in law, government service, corrections, law enforcement, politics, urban and community planning, mediation and management in NGOs, government, and community agencies.